It is indeed a great pleasure in presenting some of the important features and future plans of our Bank. Bank of Baroda (Guyana) Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, a Government of India Enterprises.
A saga of vision and enterprise
It has been a long and eventful journey of almost a century across 25 countries in all 5 continents, including USA, UK, UAE, CHINA, SINGAPORE, HONGKONG, BRUSSELS, SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND etc. Starting in 1908 from a small building in Baroda, India to its new hi-rise and hi-tech Baroda Corporate Centre in Mumbai is a saga of vision, enterprise, financial prudence and corporate governance.
It is a story scripted in corporate wisdom and social pride. It is a story crafted in private capital, princely patronage and state ownership. It is a story of ordinary bankers and their extraordinary contribution in the ascent of Bank of Baroda to the formidable heights of corporate glory. It is a story that needs to be shared with all those millions of people- customers, stakeholders, employees & the public at large- who in ample measure, have contributed to the making of an institution of business size around USD 150 billion.
In 1966 Bank of Baroda started its operation in Guyana and was the sixth office of Bank of Baroda outside India.
- Our mission statement: “To be a top ranking National Bank of International Standards committed to augmenting stake holders’ value through concern, care and competence”.
- Our Vision: ‘’ To be a most admired bank’’.
- Our Logo: Our logo is a unique representation of a universal symbol. It comprises of dual ‘B’ letterforms that holds the rays of the rising sun. We call it “Baroda Sun”.\
The sun is an excellent representation of what our bank stands for. It is the single most powerful source of light and energy – its far reaching rays dispel darkness to illuminate everything they touch. At Bank of Baroda, we seek to be the source that will help all our stakeholders realize their goals. To our customers, we seek to be a one-stop, reliable partner who will help them address their different financial needs. To our employees, we offer rewarding careers and to our investors and business partners, maximum return on their investment.
- Deposit Products: Savings Bank Account, Business Checking Account in GYD as well as in USD & Term Deposit Accounts. Receive password protected statement of your Savings Bank/ Checking Accounts through e-mail. Hassle free a/c opening procedure: A Photograph, an Identity Proof and an Address Proof (for individuals only).
- Loan Products: Housing Loan including special rates to Low Income Individuals, Vehicle Loan, Mortgage Loan, Loans for Business and Personal Loan to salaried person at very competitive rates and charges. Rate of Interest on Deposit & Advances are negotiable and are subject to change as per Bank’s Policy. For latest information on our ROI and Charges please see [link].
- Remittances: Remittance around the Globe via SWIFT (wire transfer), issuance of USD Demand Draft and Rapid Funds 2 India (1) Instant credit in any Bank of Baroda Account & (2) NEFT/ RTGS to any other Bank’s Branch in India within 4 hrs (if transacted before 10 a.m. local time)
- Foreign Exchange Business: We are offering Forex Business in USD, GPB, EURO, CDN and INR at competitive exchange rate & most favored to you.
- Safe Deposit Lockers: Presently, Locker facility is available at our Georgetown Branch (subject to availability).
- Any-branch Banking: you can transact your account as per your convenience i.e. account holders of Georgetown Branch can transact at our Mon Repos Branch without any additional cost and charges and vice-versa.
- 6 days Banking in a week: Our Georgetown Branch works between Monday & Friday (weekly off on Saturday & Sunday) however, the Mon Repos Branch works on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday (weekly off is on Wednesday & Sunday). So with the help of any-branch banking it is 6 days banking in a week for you.
Revolutionary and discontinuous changes in the operating environment are stark reminders that business success is ‘impermanent’. Bank has achieved substantial progress in technology and is continuously integrating multiple platforms of technology to generate synergies. Bank continuously attempts to adapt to the dynamic economic environment while engaging in long term relationships to provide superior customer service.
Bank’s constant endeavor to delight its customers, which is built on its strong fundamentals will make it stronger, more resilient and enable to achieve its vision of to be the Most Admired Bank.
We are in process of introducing SMS alerts for transactions taking place in your accounts with us & for issuance of cheque book. We are also actively working on implementation of Internet Banking, ATMs and ATM-cum-Debit Cards in collaboration with one of the world leading service provider of debit cards.