Short-term decisions for long-term fulfilment
Get hassle-free approvals
Terms & Conditions
- Provides the comfort of liquidity along with a security of customers money being in safe hands.
- Automatic transfer of interest to customers SB/ Checking Accounts with our Bank without any additional service charges.
- Pre-mature withdrawal of Deposit allowed.
- Loan/ Overdraft (LABOD/ ODBOD) facility allowed.
For Individuals (Joint Accounts also) only. No legal person/ entity eligible for opening RIP accounts.
Quantum of Deposit:
- Minimum – GYD 10,000
- Maximum – GYD 50,000,000
Above GYD 10,000 deposits will be accepted in multiple of GYD 1,000/=
- Minimum – 12 months.
- Maximum – 60 months.
Rate of Interest (Subject to time to time revision).
- 12 months and up to 36 months – 3.50% p.a.
- Above 36 months and up to 60 months – 3.75% p.a.
- Interest payments are subject to Withholding Tax (Tax Deducted at Source).
- Interest on principle amount deposited with us will be credited on monthly/ quarterly/ half-yearly/ yearly basis (as per customer’s choice) in SB/ CA account of the customer with us.
- No interest is payable on pre-mature withdrawal before 12 months. On pre-matured withdrawal of deposit amount after 12 months, interest will be calculated at the rate of interest applicable (at the time of opening of RIP account) on one year Fixed Deposit scheme of our Bank, for the period of deposit kept with us and excess interest paid will be adjusted from the principle amount.
Loan/ Overdraft (LABOD/ ODBOD) facility allowed:
- Up to 75% of Principle amount.
- The Bank at its discretion may close/ reduce the limit of the LABOD/ ODBOD account if the outstanding balance in such account exceed the balance in RIP account at any point of time.
- The LABOD/ ODBOD account to be closed from the maturity proceeds of RIP account, if not closed before maturity date of RIP account.
- The interest earned on RIP deposit will be automatically deposited in the LABOD/ ODBOD account.
- All other terms and conditions of LABOD/ ODBOD accounts will be applicable.
Documents required for opening of account:
- Must maintain a fully KYC complied Saving Bank/ Checking (Individual) Accounts with us.
Rules and regulations governing Term Deposit are applicable on Regular Income Plan.
For more information on Regular Income Plan, please contact our nearest Bank of Baroda (Guyana) Inc. Branch.
Please fill in these details, so we can call you back and assist you.